Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gonzo for Family

I spent the week with visiting family down from PA and did no work at all. I think I read my emails one day out of five, and though I had the shakes from being off-line for so long, it was a nice break to see family I hadn't visited with in a long time. (Note: The guy with the orange nose to the left is my grandfather. heh heh)

I actually reworked the first chapter of my newest paranormal novel, deleting half of it and rewriting it. It works MUCH better now. Since this is the second book in a series, I have to make it stand alone as well as continue with where book one left off. Too much backstory at the beginning will alienate, and frankly, bore readers. But not enough will confused people. It's a tough balancing act, but with nothing else to do but work on this story, I'm thrilled to be walking this particular tightrope, distraction-free.

So though I was "back" Monday, I really returned to the craft today. You might say I went "gonzo" over my family's visit, but all good things must eventually come to an end.

Chow, Marie

No comments: