Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dealing Without Deadlines

I am in an odd state right now. No, not Georgia, though being down south does have its eccentricities. No, right now I'm without a deadline. I normally work with one or two deadlines in the back of my mind. But I've completed pending works and am currently without a due date to finish this current work.

Baffles the mind.

So I need to take on another project or push for this one to be done soon. Why? Because I'm one of those people who works best under pressure. Ever have too much time on your hands and still you fail to get anything done? Then you have too many irons in the fire, yet you finish everything on time and perfectly? That's me. So I'm thinking to give myself another month before I start working on something new. But what new project? Another Ethereal Foes book? The final installment of the Firebreather series? Or maybe a new project about a squad of mercenaries with some strange abilities... hmm. Not sure where to start. But if I don't write about a chapter a day, I feel as if I'm slacking. And God forbid I get a good night's sleep instead of writing into the A.M. Ack. Today I feel well-rested, and I feel guilty about it.

But at least if I pick something else to do I can stress myself into better performance. Here's hoping.

No comments: