Monday, March 10, 2008

Chapter Two?

So okay, I've rewritten Chapter One of the tentatively titled The Devil's Deep. I like the title, but I'm not sure if it'll keep. TDD is the second book in my new paranormal series, and I had to rewrite chapter one because it introduced WAY too many alien phrases and backstory up front. There's nothing like buying a book, not realizing it's part of a series, and being completely lost. I like the books that can be read as stand-alones, but are so good you go back to the ones before and after it.

That said, now chapter one sounds fine. Great. Chapter Two? Crickets are chirping in the silence... haha Actually, I wrote a rough outline of the story prior to finishing this recent rewrite, and now I'm totally off track. But that's part of the fun of writing a new story. I'm filled with enthusiasm, no deadlines but my own, and am without distraction on this story.

So now that my heroine has regained consciousness, on to chapter two...

No comments: