Friday, January 21, 2011

OneNote: One BIG Fan...Grady's Back

I finished my latest manuscript, RetroCog, the second in my PowerUp! series. And man, it was a struggle to get through it for some reason. Reading through it again, I love it. But I'm not sure why it was so hard to finish. In any case, it's sitting on the computer until next month, when I'll go through and edit the thing to death.

In the meantime, I'm preparing my next work, a Cougar Falls story. I love my Cougar Falls books because they're fun, light romances. Not too angsty. I like to think of the town as Mayberry with a sexy shapeshifter twist.

Before I write my books, I outline characters, plots, details and such on paper. I have two ratty spiral notebooks with all sorts of notes scribbled every which way. Great while I'm writing, but it's hell on organizing topics. I have to flip from one page to another, looking for details to make sure I'm consistent with characters in the next book.

In order to make my life easier, I'm going digital with my organizing effort. I remembered another author on one of the loops mentioning OneNote, a Microsoft product that's great for managing data.

I'm on a trial subscription right now, and holy crap, I am LOVING the software. I've input all sorts of details about characters, plots, time lines, and places. Cougar Falls is coming alive again, and it's totally pushing me to hurry up and write Grady's story. (He's one of Burke's cat shifter brothers from Rachel's Totem who also made an appearance in Foxy Lady.)

Now, hopefully I won't have any more consistency problems between books, and if you haven't caught the errors, I won't tell you. :) I just need to finish rereading Foxy Lady and I'm all set. I can't wait to write again, and I'm glad to be back in the happy seat instead of pulling my hair out.

And now, on to Friday!!

Return to Cougar Falls...

No comments: