Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Missing In Action

Have you seen this bear? This is Brownie, my five-year-old's best friend. Unfortunately, Brownie went missing sometime this weekend, and my life since has been dedicated to finding this bear.

My husband and I have tried to figure out how many hours of our lives we've dedicated to tracking down stuffed animals. Too friggin' many, I can tell you that. But as annoying it is, finding the animal and handing it over to a hopeful little boy makes it all worth it in the end. But I'm starting to lose hope that we'll find Brownie. I've turned the house upside-down and he's nowhere to be found.

I swear, I feel as if I've lost my best friend. My son is happy until he remembers he's lost Brownie, and then he cries. Ack. This animal hunt consumes me, and it's intruding on everything. Ever tried to write a sexy scene with a plush bear on the brain? Doesn't happen. (No, I'm not into Plushophilia... and if you don't know what that is, you didn't see that CSI episode that was just very, very weird.) So I'm trying to put Brownie on the back-burner during the day and stick to writing, but it's not easy.

Cross your fingers and wish us luck. For I fear Brownie may be lost to us forever. sigh

2 comments:

Ayla Ruse said...

Oh, I feel for you, and for your little one. Best of luck in your bear hunt!

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Ayla. And for your offline advice. I think I might actually try that. Great idea...

Marie