Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Contest, A Manuscript, and an Award? -- Oh My

Great news! No, I did not win Publisher's Clearinghouse, score a multi-book contract from Random House, or drop those many pounds I've been trying to lose forever. BUT... I've posted a new contest on my website in the October Newsletter. Yeah, I'm giving away a lot of brand new books to one lucky Continental US winner. Lest the non-US residents feel left out, be advised if you win, you'll get an online gift certificate to B&N. I don't discriminate by residence.

CONTEST INFO

I have been on a roll lately. I turned in my revised steampunk romance to Carina Press today. Though calling the book steampunk may be stretching it a bit, because though there are elements of steam in the book, there's a lot of other wacky stuff going on. Godbolts, blood ravens, Norse gods... and some sexy interludes between one hot westerner and an innocent easterner. Yum.

I also finished and turned in the first manuscript of my brand new (very loosely tied) series, Power Up! Psychics who leave DC behind and join forces out west in central Oregon, far away from politics and danger. Or so they think. The Lost Locket is a little over 50,000 words long, and a humdinger of a story between psychics Keegan Price, James Foreman, and Rory Taylor. A very tight threesome. :) [Note: Keegan and James are introduced in Gunnar's Game, coming in just two weeks to Loose Id, but the psychics are moving away from the Circs into their very own storyline.]

AWARD?

I also learned, via my friend Google, that Seriana Found is up for a Bookie Award courtesy of Authors After Dark. My futuristic novella has been nominated, along with 4 other stories, for best Fantasy Short Story. Not sure how my book fits the fantasy bill, but it was nice someone threw the title in there.

Meanwhile I'm pumped up yet another cup of coffee and very happy to have made some progress with work. I'm trying to get a lot done before the holidays hit. Next on my to-do list: Cougar Falls: Grady's story.

2 comments:

Ayla Ruse said...

You have been busy, and it's only mid-week! Congrats on your writing streak. Now I have to get back to mine. :)

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Ayla. Now get to work!!

haha Marie