Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ch-ch-changes and a Peeve or Two

I've spent the morning fiddling around with this blog. I erased the long list of my books running along the side and replaced it with a slideshow of books courtesy of Photobucket.

Have you ever tried Photobucket? It's actually pretty easy. I finally figured out that Blogger likes Photobucket better than frickin' Flickr (note the alliteration), so now I've accomplished at least something today.

On another note, a few peeves:

1. The idiots on The View need to get a clue. Just because you disagree with someone does not mean you should walk off your own show. What ever happened to professionalism and encouraging dialogue? (And no, I am not a Bill O'Reilly fan.)

2. I'm losing another editor. This one is not so much a peeve as a lamentation. Because darn, she was good, and she'll be missed.

3. This is aimed at my publishers, all of them. If you have big news, stop teasing your poor authors about it and announce it only when you can! Authors are neurotic enough. My heart can't take it, even when it's good news. >:)

4. Howard Stern, stop screwing around and renew your contract. Your fans can't bear to lose you.

2 comments:

Sondrae Bennett said...

I'm sorry to hear about you loosing your editor, especially if she was someone you clicked with.

P.S. Congrats on signing your book with Carina Press!

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Sondrae.

I have just been assigned a new editor, so fingers crossed!

Marie