Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Value of a Clear Head

I published my first book yesterday. And what a trial. I entered data, pictures, and updated my website left and right. As the hour grew later, because I hadn't anticipated the book would go live so soon, I continued to work into the wee hours of the morning. [I had the kids all day, still not in school yet, so I'm working nights.] Well, let me tell you. My gray-skinned warrior turned out to be "gay-skinned." sigh A big thanks to Lindsey for catching that.

But it just goes to show me that I need a clear head before posting stuff on the Internet. My gray-skinned alien is not in fact gay. But if he were, I don't think I'd use "gay-skinned" to describe him. Geesh. It's funny, in an embarrassing, "I'm an idiot" kind of way.

UPDATE: A Familiar Face is now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and All Romance ebooks. And the hero, in each instance, is gray-skinned. :)

No comments: