Monday, August 1, 2011

Grayson's Gamble--Getting Clean

I finally finished and turned in the manuscript for Grayson's Gamble, my fifth Dawn Endeavor book. A great send off for Ava's arrogant yet sexy brother [see left --yum]. The book is due out in November from Loose Id. Now I sit on pins and needles and hope the story is clean enough not to need too many revisions. (Don't you just love how I tied in the picture to this post?)

Loose Id edits the crap out of their books. While it may be frustrating at times, I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing more annoying as a reader than to read a poorly edited work. And nothing more embarrassing as a writer to see there instead of their and compliment instead of complement. Misspellings and grammatical issues aside, I go crazy when I read about a character sitting on a bed who in the next sentence is suddenly standing ten feet away in the dining room having glass of wine. Huh? How'd he get there? So consistency is another sharp editing tool we authors need more of.

Yep, a good cleaning for the story, and maybe more wonderful pictures of Grayson, if I can find them. :) Happy Monday.

No comments: