Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is My Bout with the Night Shift... Over?

I've spent many a night writing, my days ensconced with children doing all manner of things to keep them from fighting or being bored. So now that school is rolling around again, I'm trying to slowly train myself to write during the day.

It's sad to say I'm tired at night, so I'm not getting as much done. Of course, if I had deadlines, I'd push through it. But right now I'm a bit between projects, so I'm being lazy.

But today I wrote while my children played Wii (yeah, great mothering skills, but hey, they're happy, and it's only an hour or so), and I'm feeling really good. I don't know about other writers, but when a day goes by that I don't write, I feel weird. Not right. Off kilter. Having written however, I'm on top of the world.

And now I can take my youngins to swimming lessons and not feel lazy for not having done anything work-wise. Hurray for writing during the sun hours again. And here's hoping I can put that dreaded nocturnal work to bed. Literally.

No comments: