Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Talson's Are Back

Back when I was still a newbie, oh, around 2006 or so, I signed up with a publisher now out of business. At the time, I'd had a few releases out with another publisher but wanted to expand my reader base. The new publisher took really short stories. I loved futuristic romance (still do) so I wrote a six thousand word story called Talson's Wait. Roarke Talson, the hero, has three brothers, and I figured to write a story for the others as well. Each of my Talson stories was a best seller for the publisher, but unfortunately, the publisher went belly-up before I submitted the fourth book.

Readers have asked over the years about the Talsons, but I had other projects on the menu. However, after finding a spot with Ellora's Cave, I thought I'd found a good place to park the Talsons. I extensively revised the first book, expanding the story from six thousand words to over eighteen thousand words. The hero and heroine have more depth, there's a bit more world building, and wow, steamier scenes. And low and behold, my editor liked it! Thanks, Grace!

Talson's Wait will be out with Ellora's Cave March 2nd, just next week. Want to read more? Click here...

2 comments:

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

This is the first I have heard of them but I am a new(er) reader. Can't Wait Anyway!

Marie Harte said...

Well, I'm sure a lot of people have never heard of the Talsons. :) But for those that have, I was listening. They're back!
What's interesting is for me to return to the story several years later and wonder what the heck I was talking about. I had to expand on the world and what certain things mean. This is no longer a very short story, but a novella. And I'm very pleased at how it turned out. I hope readers will be as well.