Sunday, December 19, 2010

Back and Shiny With Lights

Oh Christmas Tree, oh Christmas tree, how brightly colored your branches...

So the tree is up,the outside lights are bright, and the fireplace is burning. Cold down here in Georgia. Finally! I'm so excited to feel a good "brr" in the brisk air.

Since I last chatted via Blogger, I've sent my mother packing--back to snowy Oregon! I had a great time with her and am now back to--wait for it--editing! Copy edits on my fun steampunk that's due out in April. I love this story more each time I read it. Let's hope readers feel the same way. A funny thing happened today while I was going through it. An idea for another book set in the same world. Yea!

This time, picture a Viking who won't die, a Valkyrie sent to bring him in, and an adventure filled with dire wolves, cannibals, and Easterners who won't have much to do with the gods but everything to do with class, nobility, and whatever pleases His Majesty, the king. Lots of potential for trouble, there.

After my steampunk edits, I have to do a bit of admin for The Lost Locket, scheduled to release from Loose Id in February. Then I'll make time to write, write, write, which I haven't done for a while now. I plan to work around the kids being home this week by using that marvelous Wii and the television during the mornings. Yeah, bad mom, but I'll get some work done.

Oh, and before I forget, it's Ayla Ruse's birthday today. So I'm wishing her a happy, happy day!
Er, well, it was the 19th, but it's technically the 20th as I finish writing this. So I guess a belated happy birthday is in order? :) Cheers.

No comments: