Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You Have to Read This Book!


I love books. Some more than others. I can always tell a good book when I'm drawn into the story, so much so that everything around me fades in the background. Last night I started Sabrina Jeffries's latest historical romance, Let Sleeping Rogues Lie. Oh my gosh!! I LOVED IT! I read for three hours straight, ignoring my husband, kids, my life. But I finished the book. WOW.

Since it's been a while since I've been wowed, I wanted to share my excitement. The book is part of her The School for Heiresses series, but the only thing consistent throughout the series is the school and Mrs. Harris, the proprietress. So you don't have to read them in order at all to understand anything. The setting is Regency, or Victorian, I can never remember the difference between the two. But there are parties, the Ton, and governesses and rogues aplenty.

What a wonderful romance between a strong hero and an equally strong heroine. And Ms. Jeffries peppers plenty of sensuality and well-written bedroom scenes that will have you fanning your collar from the sheer heat of her characters' passion.

Sabrina Jeffries is on my auto-buy list, and I have to say I've never been disappointed by any of her romances. So if you need something good to read, complete with that warm feeling you get once you put down a satisfying book, I can't recommend Let Sleeping Rogues Lie enough.

No comments: