Monday, February 18, 2008

Revision Monday

Ack. Not starting out the week right, I can tell you that.

Last night I received revisions due back today. And they weren't normal revisions, they were painful line edits that had my eyes crossing. Good attention to detail, but man, I had thought my work would be cleaner after the fifth round of edits! But hey, I'm not complaining, not really. Because the editor STILL caught stuff I'd missed.

So this morning, after little sleep and awakened by screeching children waayyy too early, I finished my edits. But those edits reminded me that I had some final line edits pending for another story. So I jumped on those. So far, so good. Now if only I could go back to bed and get some sleep. Because I won't be writing much today through Wednesday. The @@##$#$ schools are having a winter/teacher break through Wednesday, so all four of the kids are home. A better mother would be jumping for joy, but I have two teenagers and two little ones. I miss my routine!!!

SIGH. Needing coffee now.....

No comments: