Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Time Flies

Wow. How the time does fly! Hope you all had a nice holiday and Merry Christmas. And we've still got one major event to celebrate...New Years! I actually got some work done during the holiday, though it's more difficult now because my monsters, I mean, small boys, are out of school and underfoot until after the New Year.

Good news. I've finished Satyr's Myst and turned it in to my editor, and am waiting on pins and needles to see how my last Storm Lords fares. In the meantime, I'm starting my new futuristic romance about Rafe of Mardu. [If you've read my earlier work, you met Rafe's younger brother, Catam, in The Thief of Mardu, and his older brother, Sernal, in Winner Takes All.] I had ideas for Rafe a few years ago, and now I'm trying to blend new thoughts and my old ones to make his story work. I like Rafe. He's a peacemaker--lawman--but is a lot less rigid in keeping the rules than his older brother. Rafe likes to go with the flow, loves women, and is one hell of a warrior. But he's not looking for love or permanence. Especially after seeing how it devastated his brother Gar. So you just know love's going to knock him on his sorry butt. :)

Hope you all enjoy the holidays. Just a few more days 'til 2008, resolutions to lose weight, work harder, and become that better person I just couldn't find in 2007. sigh Let's hope this year at least the weight resolution works itself out.

No comments: