Monday, December 5, 2011

House Happenin's

This is my new house. It's an old picture, though, because there's now a house right next to it. So I'm in the house, and it's mostly finished. Except...NO INTERNET.

I'm typing this from my temporary residence, where I've been working since I moved out West. Here I have Internet service, cable, and entertainment in the form of television. The new place...nothing until Wednesday. ACK!

I hadn't realized how addicted I am to the computer and television until now. Actually, the television not so much. Internet? Well, aside from it being vital to my work, I really like to surf the net. Mostly I check out Facebook, email, IM and author blogs. But not having access to it except for my smartphone is a real PITA.

I feel like I've been gifted with an incredible present by being able to blog and Facebook and type again. I mean, I'm typing at the new house on my laptop, but it's not the same. My computer desk isn't there, the keyboard is much smaller, and like I said before, no Internet access.

So cross your fingers all goes well tomorrow and Wednesday. Tomorrow my office is installed, and Wednesday I get plugged back into the digital world. Hurray!

4 comments:

Book Lovers 4Ever said...

Congrats on the new house, hope you get internet soon. Just finished Gray's book- Loved it!!

Ayla Ruse said...

Marie - I love you how you casually throw out there "my office." I'm grinning ear to ear for you. Can't wait until you're "connected" again!

Jessica Lee said...

Congrats, Marie!! Your new home is lovely. :)

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Wendy and Jessica. :) Yeah, Ayla, the word office is a must. I've been typing at a makeshift desk I bought from Staples, and it's not bad, but I'm working away from home until today, when I FINALLY get Internet and my office (I said it again) is finished. The guys putting it in are screwing in the desktop as we speak. I'm so excited! I'll have bookshelves again. Yea!