Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time is a Funny Thing

When deadlines loom, the clock can't go slow enough to suit me. Yet trying to get feedback from others, whether it be house hunting, submissions, or call backs for appointments seems to take forever.

I'm not a patient person, and sometimes I wonder if this career is good for me. Then again, I wouldn't want to do anything else but write. A more type-A person would have a stroke waiting to hear back, sometimes months or even years later, on submissions. But I have a lazy string of DNA that allows me to mellow out. I read a book, watch a movie, or take a nap to take the edge off. Usually.

Lately I'm on pins and needles. I have a project sitting with a few people that might come to a happy conclusion. I also have a bid in on a house with people who don't seem to understand the meaning of the words For Sale. (You want to sell the house, answer my friggin' realtor!)

So there you have it. My day is already half over, and I have yet to do more than feed the dogs, get the kids to school, and hit an aerobics class that kicked my *ss. I haven't gotten started yet today on my current WIP, and I only have another month before it's due.

And there goes that clock ticking again.

No comments: