Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Inspiration in Many Forms

I'm working on finishing up my Dawn Endeavor series. And I'm constantly on the lookout for something new to write about. Most times it just comes to me. Something I see, something I dream, a concept I'd like to read about that's not out there yet.

During a night out with my writing buddy Rena, we talked stories and story ideas. She's working on hers, and I mentioned mine. Then I told her I needed something new, and we began brainstorming the next Big Idea. For so long, vampires have been haunting the pages of just about every paranormal romance out there. Not that I dislike vampires, but sometimes too much of a good thing can get gluttonous, at least for me. I've seen a few zombie books, and I like them, but I'm still looking for something not done yet. Not gods or goddesses, demons, monsters, psychics, or... What the heck is left?

My friend and I came up with a few ideas, and I jotted them down. But I'm still on the search, still on the lookout. So back to observing the world in hopes that something different will infiltrate my puny mind. I'm having a contest that ends on March 22nd. I'm asking for what you see as trends and what you--as a reader--are looking for.

CONTEST !

To celebrate spring, I'm offering one lucky winner a $10 gift certificate to Loose Id. Simply answer this two-part question and send your answer to: marie_harte@yahoo.com. Put Spring Contest in the subject line. The winner will be randomly selected.

QUESTION: What do you see as the new romance trend (vampires, paranormal, etc), and what do you wish you could see more of?

Contest ends March 22nd. Good luck.


No comments: