Monday, February 15, 2010

The Return

Maggie Valley, North Carolina, is a beautiful place to visit in the winter. And yes, it's cold. Leaving sunny Georgia for the mountains was an adventure all in itself. While in the mountains, we got a snowstorm. Boy, did we. But it made skiing and tubing that much more fun. My thighs and shins are still protesting from snowplowing to a stop. Still, the break was nice.

Now I'm back home. Back to dishes, laundry, and fur balls creeping along the floor. Back to TV, Wii, and a crazy schedule as we spend the last few days before school kicks back into gear.

I spent the last week in N.C., a mini-holiday before the rest of the family arrived. The blessed quiet and unrestricted time off was like a breath of fresh air. And now I'm back and raring to go.

Of note: I read A TON of books on my nook. I also watched a terrific new series courtesy of Netflix. (I don't have Starz.) I can't say enough about Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Is it kind of cheesy? Yes. Is there gratuitous violence and nudity? Yes. Full frontal nudity? Big grin. But beyond the sexuality, there's an addictive quality to the story, about a man turned warrior turned slave, who lives for one reason only--to get back to his beloved wife. You can't go wrong with that kind of commitment, can you?The lead actor is hot, so bonus there. Plus, Lucy Lawless is back in full glory, as the wife of the man who owns Spartacus. Great stuff, I tell you.

So between Spartacus, Law & Order: Criminal Intent reruns, and a plethora of Lora Leigh, Gena Showalter and Sabrina Jeffries novels, I'm pampered out.

Almost.

There's always room for chocolates from Valentine's Day. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

No comments: