Saturday, September 26, 2009

Remission, and an apology by way of Dawn Endeavor

Man, I've been remiss on postings for a while. But never fear, I've actually been working! No, really. Sure, you might think with all the new shows on television that I'd be watching the boob tube regularly (okay, you'd be right.) But my muse has been really kicking me in the tail lately.
  • Just finished my big WIP brainstormed over two years ago (thanks Teri and Cat)
  • 2/3 done my current WIP for a possible new publisher
  • Just sent my editor an idea for my new Circ series, Dawn Endeavor. If you read Circe's Recruits: Hale, you met Hawkins, Fallon, Hayashi and Tersch. Their stories are going to be just killer. Check out the blurb (and the pictures!!) down below...
  • Wrote up a new writing TO DO list as of today. I've got quite a bit to do. Let's hope the muse doesn't leave me anytime before 2015. *grin*
Take a look at my new Circs... I can't WAIT to write about them. Note, I don't normally search out pictures of my characters, but these guys are starting to feel very real to me, so I gave them some identity beyond my imagination.

Jesse Fallon, a smart aleck who reads minds, but can't read the mind of one very stubborn, fiery female.

Kisho Hayashi, a prognosticator and the calm one on the team, or so he thinks before he meets a stubborn mercenary who may or may not be Circ.

Julian "Jules" Hawkins, leader of the group. He reads auras; he has issues. I love Jules.
"Gunnar" Tersch. The strongest of the bunch, a real berserker, and a major pain in the *ss. Would it kill him to let me see his face?
Project Dawn Endeavor

Genetic manipulation has created the first super soldier--the Circ. Able to transform into hulking, inhuman beasts at will, the second generation of Circs, under Project Dawn Endeavor, is much more dangerous than the first. Psychically gifted, the secret four-man team who once worked for the Navy now belongs to the mysterious Mrs. Sharpe. Bent on cleaning up science gone wrong around the globe, Mrs. Sharpe sends the men of Dawn Endeavor out on behalf of the United States government. But there’s more to her agenda than patriotism. If only the team knew what she really has planned...


7 comments:

mamasand2 said...

Marie, I love the sound of your Dawn Encounter! I also love the men. I want Gunnar, all to my self. Yummmy.

Sandie

Marie Harte said...

Me too, Sandy. Gunnar is going to turn out to be one stubborn man, but soooo worth it.

Marie

Marie Harte said...

Whoops, sorry, SandIE. :) Marie

Susan B. said...

Hi Marie,

I waited to read all 4 of Circes' Recruits last week. Couldn't put them down 1 ended & another started, that is until I got to the end. So I was very happy to read about Dawn Endeavor & the new Circes. Great job on the stories, absolutely loved them. Next up The Creations although I am waiting until the next one comes out in Oct., I think.

Best wishes & thanks so much for such great reading,
Susan

P.S. Great pictures, I'll take Hawkins

Marie Harte said...

Hey Susan. Glad you liked Circe's Recruits! I was torn about writing Dawn Endeavor, as I had never planned on continuing once Hale had his story told. Hawkins and the others kind of inserted themselves into the story. But it was reader feedback that has me gearing to pen stories for Hawkins and his crew.
And yeah, the next (and final) Creations book comes out in October--Caging the Beast. It's a doozy. :)

Marie

Elle said...

I am sooooo looking forward to reading about these new guys and their story! I loved the CR crew and anticipate that I'll love these guys just as much!

Marie Harte said...

I think you'll like them too, Elle. I already do, and I don't yet know all their secrets. :) Marie