Saturday, June 13, 2009

SD2: Monsters Unleashed

On my twentieth viewing of Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, I have to admit I'm still fascinated. Maybe not as much as my young sons, who need to go to counseling for their Scooby Doo obsession. But you know, watching these movies, in addition to the cartoons, is a fun way to spend a few hours.

There's goofiness, only mild violence, no obscentities, mysteries, and monsters galore. The kids have watched the second Scooby Doo live action movie so many times it's a wonder the DVD is still holding together. And that's to say nothing of the first movie, which still gets watched and goes with us on vacation and during long car rides.

The Mean Machine gang is giving my muse a real kick, and a need to write something as clever, combining action, mystery, thrills, monsters and romance. And really, who can resist a town called Coolsville? Hmm, time to get back to work...

No comments: