Friday, September 26, 2008

Scooby Doo, always a classic

So in a toss up between Scooby Doo Alien Invaders and Scooby Doo Zombie Island, the 3 year old picks Alien Invaders. Good choice. Apparently the wee one shares my passion for aliens. And there's something dynamic about the gang and the grand Mystery Machine. Five friends investigating mysteries, eating good food (go Scooby snacks) and making eyes at one another (hello Fred and Daphne.)

I always loved Scooby Doo for the monsters and good mom that I am, I have my kids hooked on the super sleuths. They could watch the Doo-meister for hours. But you know, it's not uber-violent, there are no curse words or sexual vibes glowing from the cartoons, and they make monsters neat.

What's not to love? I dare you to find anyone who DOESN'T like Scooby Doo. And there's your thought for Friday.

3 comments:

Dina said...

When my grandkids watch their movies, I also watch some with them. :)

Marie Harte said...

Oh, right, Dina. It's the GRANDKIDS making you watch Scooby Doo. haha
Me? I watch it because I like it. And because they force me to.

Marie

Bridget said...

To this day I still LOVE Scooby Doo!! I use to watch him when I was a kid when he first hit TV. I now own most of the annimated movies and all the live action. I have several stuffed Scoobys in my "office" and in my bedroom. Hubby even likes the live action. He picks on me and says only kids watch cartoons. He watches Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy. So do I. ; D
Bridget