Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Life After RT

Well, hello there! I've been told I'm a slacker for not posting about RT yet, especially when I said I would on my website. Sorry... I still haven't unpacked. As soon as I returned home on Monday, I set my suitcases on the floor, bonded with my kids and hubby, (youngest turned 2 yesterday), and once everyone fell asleep, I started on some overdue edits. *sigh* They never stop.

RT was GREAT! I had the best time. I grafted myself to some RWA chicks from Phoenix. Woohee. Do those ladies know how to have fun. In particular, NCP author Samantha Storm, a split personality with more names (Cat, Hey You, Wacko) than fingers, and Teri, a loud, aggressive ex-MP who had me laughing so hard I cried. Heck, when in costume, both Cat and Teri had much funny and unwelcome attention. Cat from a very old man gaping at her tremendous bosom, and Teri from a policeman wanting to arrest her for solicitation. Too funny for words.

The conference introduced me to some wonderful authors, readers and book lovers alike. You just can't lose when surrounded by people who like romance.

I'll post more tomorrow on my experiences with RT. But I have to say, I'm so incredibly glad I went. And you don't get a better roommate than my friend Gladys. :)

Marie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your damn right you slacker. J/J
Glad to see you were bonding that's a legit excuse to slack. As for the cop...hey what could I say he must have thought he'd gone back in time to think me a street walker! And I'm sticking to that story no matter what. ;-)