Monday, May 14, 2007

I've been tagged...8 things you didn't know about me

I've been tagged by Tina Gerow, reknowned author of Into a Dangerous Mind and Stone Maiden (to name a few of her books.) I'm supposed to tell you 8 things you probably don't know about me and then tag 8 other people. Hmm, okay. I'll try not to make this too painful for you.

1. I played JV lacrosse at Penn State University my freshman year, even playing a Varsity game against Dartmouth. I was goalie, and we won that game. :)

2. I take as much milk and sugar in my coffee as coffee. But come on, it's coffee. You have to do something to make it palatable.

3. I have little patience. So say a few prayers for my kids.

4. My father taught middle and elementary school kids for 35+ years, so I have a HUGE appreciation for teachers everywhere.

5. I grew up taking vacations at the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. And I just love ocean and sand. Nothing quite like it. I hope we can someday retire up there.

6. I'm a procrastinator, and have to work very hard not to do tomorrow what I should have done today. Blame my mom. I was born 2 weeks late. Ahem, just kidding, Mom.

7. I've never met a person from Texas I didn't like. (Even you, Gladys, I liked! haha)

8. I'm a sucker for roses. They smell good, they're pretty, and you gotta love something so beautiful that comes complete with thorns.

9. People that smile all the time irritate me. No one is always that happy. And if they are, they need a definite attitude adjustment.

10. I've spent my life surrounded by men. In grade school up through high school, most of my best friends were boys. In college they were too, and throughout the Marine Corps, my stint in IT, and working for a trucking company, I worked primarily with men. Then I married my husband, inherited a boy (and girl) and had two more boys. I think I'm a testosterone magnet. :)
Oh, now I have to tag 8 people...hmmm. Check out these stellar authors.
Enjoy your Monday!! Marie

1 comment:

Tory Richards said...

Umm, Marie...you ah, listed 10 things! LOL Now I'm gonna go to my blog and do the same thing. Great idea:)