Thursday, March 15, 2007

To Bee or Not to Bee, let's talk Pollen

I've never been allergic to anything in my life...until we moved down here to Georgia eight plus years ago. The cars are covered in yellow dust, the bulbs are out in force, and it's been in the 70's. Yesterday I was down hard, even had the hubby watching the kids and taking care of me. (Blissful, except for the fact that I felt like crap.) And today's not much better. I'm not sure if it's sinuses or a touch of flu, but I thought flu season was over.

Ah well, enough of my whining. I'm excited to post the new winnners tonight at 8, and I'll have to make sure I do that and get my boys in bed so I don't miss a new episode of Supernatural, on at 9. It's odd, but according to the demographics of the shows I like to watch, I should be a 17 year old teenager, a boy in fact. *sigh* Can I help it if I like horror, gratuitous violence and sex, and a rip-roaring adventure that I don't have to think too hard about?

Heck, if I wanted reality, I'd watch the news!

That said, these are some of my favorite escapes..what are yours?
TV--Supernatural, Heroes, Simpsons, Stargate (both series), I kind of got into Battlestar Gallactica after fighting my inner rejection of a female Starbuck. So what do they do? They kill the woman off the show just as I was getting to like her. I'm not watchign anymore. >:(

Movies--the Lethal Weapon series, Sin City, can't WAIT to see 300, The Bourne Identity movies, James Bond, Disney cartoons (and not just because I have kids), Clash of the Titans, Underworld series, Matrix 1 & 2, and could someone explain 3 to me? What the #$@@?

Books--Feehan's Carpathians, Kenyon's Dark Hunters (though I didn't care much for her last hardcover), anything Dean Koontz, Garwood's historicals, Kane's contemp's/historicals, Celeste Bradley's historicals, JR Ward's brotherhood books (TOTALLY AWESOME), oh, and Jayne Anne Krentz/Amanda Quick. Love her style. Any well-written erotic romance, too many authors I like in that category to list... :)

That's a taste of what I like to read/watch, though I admit to reading just about anything. I love books, plain and simple, and pick a book over TV any night of the week.

Talk to you at 8!
Marie

No comments: