Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Catching Up...Conference

Wow. I just realized my blog has been lagging. Time flies, and the next thing you know, you've missed several days of posts!!
In my defense, I just finished edits on my latest contemporary, Reaper's Reward, for Loose Id, and am gearing up for the Southern Magic conference in Alabama this weekend. I'm excited to attend. It's an RWA conference, and I'm looking forward to the workshops and agent/editor appts...and on that same note, I'm nervous about those appointments. Knowing that first impressions are lasting, and as good as you think your book is, if you screw up the presentation, you're toast...well, it's making me loopy.
So I'm reading and rereading the MS I'm pushing--man, that makes me sound like some kind of dealer--and practicing my little speech. But I have to say, even after several months, my MS still sings to me. I finalled in the Linda Howard Award of Excellence with it, and they're announcing the winner of the contest this weekend. So hopefully that'll help.
Wish me luck!

Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

March Mania - Just wanted to say HI!!! - freddie7713@hotmail.com
~Stacy H.

Marie Harte said...

Hi, Stacy. Good luck in the contest.

Marie