Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, we're finally back home. Just settling in with bags left to unpack. And noses to wipe. Yes, I brought home not only myself and my children, but a terrible cold. Not sure how that happened since we were in 90 degree weather, but it happened. The youngest sounds like a foghorn when he coughs, and my sinuses are killing me.

But at least we're home. Although, as I look at the mess of what is my office, it makes me want to run the other way. Before I can dive back into writing, I think a good housecleaning is in order. Ugh. And the house is barren of food. Double Ugh. It's almost like someone is trying to torture me slowly into losing my mind. (As if 13 hours in the car with two little kids isn't torture enough.) Ah well. At least I got to visit the beach again, and the mountains on the West Coast to boot. Not a bad way to spend the summer.

No comments: