Monday, December 14, 2009

Going Gonzo!

Yes, this is me (see picture to the right. I'm rather blue, aren't I?) . I successfully--read, finally--finished edits/revisions for a story I should have worked on eons ago. But man, where the heck did the year go? It's almost January 2010!! Yikes!

I've spent the last week cleaning, entertaining family, and writing into the wee hours of the a.m. It's been so bad I can't look at a computer without getting sleepy. Normally it would only take me a few days to fix a 54K word story. But this one took me a week.

I turned it in this morning and am not looking back. Now I have new edits due soon, a party to prepare for that we're hosting Saturday, and hardwood floors to clean. Ack.

To add to this, I have to shop for two teenagers living on another planet,where new cell phones and IPods cost next to nothing. sigh. More cleaning to do, more shopping to do, and lots of prep work. But it's fun, in a weird kind of way. And hey, it's Monday, and I had the kids dropped off at school with time to spare.

Hurray for me. Hope your Monday works as well for you. And if you're smart, buy gift cards.

No comments: