Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pins and Needles

So this morning my publisher sent me the new cover for Lurin's Surrender, to be released in July. I've done extensive work on this book so that it feels like another novel altogether. This was actuality the first full-length novel I wrote. It's hard for me to believe it ever came out the way it did, but I can happily say I've learned a lot in the four years since its release.

What's go me on pins and needles is that I've got a terrific editor working on the book, and the new cover is incredible! I want to share it, but I can't yet, not until my publisher gives the okay. Man, I'm just in love with it. For some reason, I'm grabbed by the bright blue sparking from where the sun hits one of the planets. The guy is hot, the chick is sexy, and I'm stoked about the book. I can't wait to share it with you all, as soon as I have it in my hot little hands, er, computer.

This cover accompanied the 2004 version. In this one, the guy is strong but his face is turned away from us at an odd angle. The woman always bothered me because she looks so young, which makes me slightly ill. Still, it's a pretty cover. I've many times questioned NCP's editing process, which apparently doesn't exist anymore, but I've never denied they have terrific artists.

But my new cover totally rocks. It's newer, snazzier, and just, well, better. See what you think when I post it, hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: