Friday, May 8, 2009

Movie Month

I'm not normally a huge movie buff. I'd rather wait for DVD than spend almost ten bucks on a movie surrounded by idiots who could care less about making noise and answering a cell phone during movie time. And don't get me started on the *sswipes that bring small children to late night showings of horror films.

That said, I'm really surprised at my interest in the movies released this month. First, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I saw it the night before it actually released at a midnight showing. Tonight I'm hitting Star Trek with my husband. Angels and Demons, Terminator: Salvation, and Pixar's new Up! are all soon coming to the screen.

In June there's Land of the Lost and Transformers 2. In July Harry Potter returns, along with Ice Age 3 and Public Enemies, and in August GI Joe, which could be hit or miss, and District 9 (about alien refugees in Africa, directed by Peter Jackson of LOTR fame--and when I say alien, I mean from outer space).

Talk about a lot of movie watching... Which leads me to believe I'll probably see only one or two of them at the theater and check the rest out on DVD. Now if I could just bring myself to watch Rock n' Rolla, I might find I like it. Thank God for NetFlix.

No comments: