Friday, July 25, 2008

Warning, Please Read and Pass Along

On behalf of a fellow author, I would like to direct your attention to a post by Sydney Somers. Please do not buy One Dark Knight by Sydney Somers (from NCP), because Sydney did not actually write this book. She's gone through this once before with NCP. The publisher is apparently violating her rights as an author by finishing her work under her name without legal authority. To read Sydney's post, click here (post 25.07.08) Please pass the word. This is an intolerable situation no author should have to go through. Good luck, Sydney. My thoughts are with you.

*As an aside, I also posted this to the NCP Reader loop so readers might know what's been going on. My post has since been deleted by the moderator.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I am surprised at the action of NCP. I do beleive they have deleted the whole readers group. I tried to find it and it said no such group

Marie Harte said...

This seems to be an unfortunate trend in NCP lately, Debby. Wish I could say I think this situation will fix itself,but for my part, I'm keeping my distance. There is no longer a venue for authors to discuss matters with each other either. NCP prefers no communications at this time unless approved by the powers that be.
Marie