Sunday, July 13, 2008

Slowwww Posting

The picture to the immediate left is a three-toed sloth. Or it could be me, slowly coming around to posting again on this blog.

I don't know what it is. I've sat down several times this week to do it, but just couldn't manage anything worth writing about. Which is not to say I'm not extremely busy working.

I finished another chapter on my WIP, though I'm going to have to scrap my latest four pages because the scene just doesn't fit the story. Too bad, because it was a helluva love scene. Whew. But I'll rewrite it to better reflect the characters' motivations.

I also have to get cracking on a couple more chapters of my second book for my agent. My latest "Big Idea" project I'm hoping will excite some editing folks.

Then there's redoing my house, since the oldest boy is moving out and moving on to college. We've already replaced flooring in one room upstairs. Now we only have three more, the hallway, and room switch arounds to take care of. Ugh.

See why I didn't want to sit down and write this? It shows me again how much I have to do, and how little time I have to do it.

*Two more weeks until San Francisco.

No comments: