Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Read

So last night I went to dinner with my husband, a date night. It ended with a visit to Borders, where I had to buy a book. What can I say, I have a disease...book-itis. I moved through the romance section but didn't see anything that grabbed me. I perused other sections, jonesing for something decent to read.

Low and behold, I found a favorite author of mine I haven't read in a while. Robert McCammon. He wrote Swan Song, an apocalyptic volume that I've reread a dozen times. (It's much better than King's The Stand, in my opinion.) I've read most of his other work. It's though-provoking, horrific, and romantic. Yes, romantic. There's normally an element of love in his books, a saving grace that overcomes the nightmares he dreams up. He's a master in the genre, along with Koontz, King, Barker and Straub.

I purchased Speaks the Nightbird (great title), a historic thriller about a magistrate's clerk that takes on a case of murder and witchcraft. Looks great. I can't wait to read it.

Now back to my present WIP...

Chow

No comments: