Thursday, August 2, 2007

News on the Writing Front

Ah, the time between manuscripts... I've been working on Guardian's Redemption on and off, only to realize there's something about it that's not sitting right. Then I rewrote the first page from a completely different angle, and felt it hit. Yes. Finally. Which means I have several chapters I'll have to rework and try to fit in...somehow. It's frustrating, since I really liked what I'd already written. But it just won't work for the story I have in mind. My last chapter of the Storm Lords should be a conclusion, but I also want it to stand alone as its own story, unlike the other four books. An interesting concept, and one I'm working on.

On another note, I've contracted a short story with Loose Id about a ghost and two potential lovers with misconceptions about each other, Mirror, Mirror Standing Tall. I'm hoping it will be out in time for Halloween. And I finished A Royal Continuum, a novel about Matthias, one of Ferin's brothers from Firebreather, for Amber Quill. I just need to polish it before submitting.

But still, I'm bent on finishing my Storm Lords by the end of this month. I might be taking on more than I can chew, but I think if I really put my mind to it, I can meet my own deadline. At least as far as the rough draft goes.

Well, that's my news for today. More tomorrow!

Marie

No comments: