Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Howdy 2013--My Agenda

A big how-do to the new year. I can't believe I'm already looking at 2013. Who would have thought? In celebration, I'm typing with frozen fingers at 1 AM, trying to herald a new year full of wit and wisdom. Or in my case, crap that barely makes sense half the time. 

On to the agenda! 

2013 promises to be an interesting year for me already.I've gone a whole day without eating after 8:00 at night. Seriously, that's a huge first step in my battle with sugar--my personal crack. I'm sticking with tea at night while I work. And I'm trying to be better about not staying up too late. NLT 1 AM for me...after tonight.

Another plus: I didn't watch mindless television but worked on some projects long overdue. (Sorry, Cat. Now you have it. Whew.)

As far as my writing plans, my release schedule looks a bit bare--for me--but I'm sure it will fill as the year progresses. I always managed to squeeze in a project that surprises even me. So to date, this is what I expect to release this year:
  • February 19--Killer Thoughts (Loose Id)
  • March 5--Raising the Bar (Samhain)
  • TBD--Love in Electric Blue (Samhain)
  • TBD--By the Tail (Samhain)
  • TBD--Title Pending (Miles, Cougar Falls)
  • TBD--Bite of the Blade (Amazon Western #2)
I'm waiting to sign some paperwork on a monster of a project. So as soon as I get the final word on this, I'll share. But until then, I can't say any more. Only note, this project will take up the bulk of my writing in 2013.

I usually have proposals and a schedule in place by the fall of the previous year, but so much has been up in the air because of my secret project. In the meantime, I'm keen to get back to work and turn 2013 into my best year yet. I also hope to redesign my website at some point, but that's been on the back burner as I do other things, like write.

My writing resolutions:
  • Write more with intensity
  • Stop looking at reviews. Period.
  • Facebook only once--twice max--a day
  • Stay positive
  • Maximize my time better
  • Try like crazy to get my unfinished series FINISHED*
*To everyone who's asked about the Talsons, my Voider series, Firebreathers, and James from Ethereal Foes, all I can say is that I want--BADLY--to write those stories, but other paying,contracted work has to take precedence at this point. But I'm hoping--fingers crossed--to get to a bunch of these projects sooner than later. Like, before 2015. sigh I'm apologizing in advance, because I'd hoped to have a Voider or Talson book finished in 2012 but didn't have the time. Don't give up on me! I swear, I'll get to these stories. I will. Really. Man, if I could just have one or two more of me to work while I slept, or just to forego sleep altogether and not die from brain overload, I'd work around the clock. 

Happy 2013. Let the writing begin!!

4 comments:

Susan W. said...

Wow! Your schedule sounds busy! I'm looking forward to each of the books and finding out what the secret project is!

Charity said...

Can't wait for the new releases! Excited you're working so hard for us! Happy New Year!

Marie Harte said...

I'm close to the big reveal, Susan. :) Mailing out contracts Monday. Once the publisher sends 'em back, it's ON!

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Charity. You keep reading, I'll keep writing! :) Hope you had a great New Years.