Thursday, November 1, 2012

Life After Sandy

While I've been safe out here in Oregon, I have family and friends in the Northeast who were hit by the storm. My grandfather in particular has a place out in Cape May, New Jersey. The beach area was hit hard but is doing surprisingly well. Check out this article he sent me which has some terrific pictures. 

I set my Circe's Recruits series in Cape May, because I've spent many a summer visit trolling the area. The brick Washington Square Mall is a favorite haunt of mine, and outside of that are the Victorian homes that attract tons of tourists to their bed and breakfast establishments each year. 

But here's thanks that the storm wasn't as bad as it could have been. And God bless any who lost more than they could afford to lose, especially their lives. 

No comments: