Monday, May 7, 2012

Sucky Monday

I think the picture says it all.  I woke up today to little boys fighting. Over what? A friggin' quarter. Then I ran out of bacon and had to stick to eggs this morning minus any necessary pig fat. Now I'm working and on a roll, but it's incredibly gorgeous outside. In the 80s today, blue sky, white capped mountains off in the distance. Monday is kil-ling me!!!

A bit of good news: I might have two more books scheduled for next year with one of my publishers. Fingers crossed. Once I sign the contracts, I'll spread the good news.

To make up for this sucky Monday, thought I'd share some things you might find of interest:

1.  Avengers has grossed $207.4M domestically. I plan to see it this week, as it's gotten stellar reviews and looks incredible. And, well, there's Thor. Do I really need to say any more?
2.  Jayne Ann Krentz hits another winner with her new Crystal Gardens (written as Amanda Quick). It's a Victorian mystery and romance, and just a wonderful read. I loved how the romance wasn't overshadowed by the mystery, and I loved the title characters. A terrific start to her new series, Ladies of Lantern Street, and I can't wait for more.
3. I recently had the great fortune to watch Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (thanks Cat and Todd), a funny horror movie on Netflix. Two rednecks interact with the stereotypical college partiers out for fun in the woods--but the story is anything but typical. It's laugh-out-loud funny and plays with the tropes of the horror genre. If you liked The Cabin in the Woods, you'll love this gem.
4.  I'm still a big fan of Grimm. I hate to say this, but this past Friday I chose Grimm over Supernatural. It saddens me that I'm starting to fall out of love with the show. It's just way too wacky and not as tight as it used to be. I'm still loyal to the characters, but it's no longer killing me if I miss an episode here or there. (And on another note, how lame is it that my Friday night excitement stems from television?)
5. Airbender: The Legend of Korra is so great on so many levels I just can't say. And on this last episode, there was a kiss that grossed out my boys. Even better.


And that's all for this Monday. I'm going to try to do some reviews and post more interesting tidbits later this week. Like a review for the movie Haywire, which I found disappointing. Stay tuned, and while you're waiting, a clip from Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil...

No comments: