Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An Awesome Recipe

I've been tweeting, in between finishing a book to send off to my editor. Then I have to polish another book before I get some breather time. Whew. Of course, I'll be rushing in February to write an independent project I've been toying with because in March I rev up again for deadlines. I absolutely love being my own boss, but sometimes cracking that whip to work can get annoying. My boss can be a jackass. Yeah, I said it.

Oh, and I've started on a new food plan. Note, not a diet. I'm downing my requisite 8 glasses of water a day, which living in a dry area is a really good thing, and I'm trying to downsize my intake of sugar and breads. Here's hoping I don't annoy everyone for the next two weeks until my body gets used to the idea of healthy food.

On another note, I made a killer meal last night out of leftover tenderloin, veggies, and quinoa. Completely glutein free, by accident. :) And I used the crock pot, so no mess, no fuss.

MARIE'S KILLER QUINOA

1 lb pork tenderloin, cut up
1 can diced tomatoes
1 squash, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bag carrots, chopped
2-3 tsp of Garam Masala (spice)
1 cup water
1 cup wine (I used a Riesling I had in my fridge)

1 cup uncooked organic quinoa [put aside to add after crock pot cooking is done]

Prep it all (except for the quinoa), then throw it into a crock pot on high for 4 1/2 hours. Just before it's done, take 1 cup of quinoa and cook it. (Quinoa is a grain, pronounced keen-wa, and is really healthy for you. It also has a great texture and tastes terrific.) Once the crock pot is done, throw in the prepared quinoa and enjoy. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4-5 servings.

No comments: