Thursday, September 30, 2010

Audio Books? Really?

On October 6, Enemy Red will release from Total E-Bound in audio form.

Yes, take a moment to ponder that one. On the one hand, I'm pleased to see the book going out in more formats to reach a wider audience, but on the other hand I'm a bit confused. Not since the world of cassette tapes have I listened to a book, and that was only because I was driving on a long trip and needed something to keep me occupied.

My main question is, who narrates the story? Is it a man or woman? How will I feel when I hear some very frank language about personal intimacies being read aloud? I'm not a prude, but I think you lose something in the translation from words on a page, be it electronic or print, to hearing it spoken. Because if the voice displeases you, the story might as well. (Of course, if I couldn't see, I'd be dying for audio books, so I'm not trying to be picky about things.)

I have no idea what this will be like, but I can't wait to hear it. And I might actually get my husband to finally "read" one of my books! Ha!

Anyone out there listened to any erotic audio books? Your thoughts?

No comments: