Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday, Monday

I have that old song in my head, Monday, Monday, by The Mamas and the Papas. Remember them? It's dreary here, something different from the usual sunny skies. A good day for sleeping in...or not.

I'm reading the little notes I leave myself at night and have to laugh. At night, when I'm willing and able to work, I have to convince myself to get some sleep. At one or two in the AM I'm roaring to go. But if I give in to temptation, I'm not worth much of anything the next day until after ten, at least. And I've got a lot to do this week.

Lists help me function. They organize me and give me a little clarity on the bigger picture. Making deadlines and setting a viable work schedule is my key to being successfully self-employed. And I'm not just talking about meeting deadlines, but making them. Unless I'm on contract, I'm my own boss. So if I want to get releases out there, I have to first write them. I'm all for lazing about and reading a good book, so I have to make sure I stick to a schedule during the week. And now that the kids are back in school, I can use the day to write, write, write. I sure did miss it during the summer.

But as George Costanza would say, "I'm back, baby! I'm back!"

Happy Monday.

No comments: