Friday, April 30, 2010

I am SO Tired

Ah, finally, the ability to stop writing and just breathe.  

Edits and more edits took a bizarre turn last night. Basically, I made more work for myself having to patch things together. 

For some reason, I decided to save my edited draft so that the original would not be changed, in the event I went back to it.  But I forget that my shortcut function on my desktop linked to the original version.  Since I had to shut down my work halfway through, when I started back up, I managed to edit two different manuscripts from two  different points.  Needless to say, last night at one in the morning I wasn't very happy.  

I finished up my edits this morning and sent out my bizarro manuscript.  It's for a special project for one of my publishers, but I fear I may be too outside the box for what was asked.   I'll be working on edits for Julian's Jeopardy (Dawn Endeavor book 3) this weekend, but Monday marks the beginning of a new novel--Gunnar's Game.  Can't wait to get started.

I love beginnings, and Gunnar and Ava have been dancing around each other in books 1 through 3, and Ava is tired of it. I am SO looking forward to her petite 5'4" frame kicking Gunnar's giant self all over the place!

In other news, I have time this weekend to catch up on Spartacus and True Blood.  Yes, thanks to my friend Cat, I am now hooked on True Blood.  I am so going to hit her the next time I see her.  Like I don't have enough distractions!

So I'm rounding out my day with a birthday celebration for the 5 year old, a good night's sleep, and then more work this weekend.  With school nearly over, I have a lot of work to do before I get the kids 24/7 again.  And that's not counting my Cougar Falls work over the summer.  So much to do, so little time.

Happy Friday! 

No comments: