Sunday, November 15, 2009

OVER THE MOON: Jenna Byrnes &Jude Mason

Double trouble today! The crack duo of Jenna and Jude are sharing about their upcoming story Trapped, which will be part of the Over the Moon anthology coming from Total E-Bound November 16th...just one more day! Enjoy!


Jenna says:
I was really interested in doing a story for the Over the Moon anthology. I’ve written mostly gay books recently because I love that genre, but occasionally I like to write some hetero stuff for those readers who prefer it. The concept of werewolves intrigued me. Jude and I had done a shifter series, including wolves, but werewolves are something different. When they shift is regulated by the moon, not by their choice. They’re more primal, more feral perhaps, than the normal shifters we’ve written.

The problem, when it came time to write the thing, was getting started. I didn’t have a blasted idea in my head. Jude and I co-author books and also write individually, and we were both working on other projects. I tossed the idea out there—sort of an ‘I want to do this, but I can’t do it without you’ kind of thing. Luckily for me, she took pity and agreed to collaborate, then dove in with suggestions.

I’m not an animal person, so Jude’s love of nature and most things wild really came in handy for this story. My contribution was more to the plot and dialogue (which is my favorite part of any story. I have to remember to add some description to my conversations.)

When all is said and done, I think we pulled this one off rather nicely. I hope readers will agree.

Jude says: When I saw this call, at first I wasn’t sure about writing for it. It was an anthology and I’d told myself I was going to write something alone. It’d been a while since I’d done a single author title. The concept intrigued me, but I figured there would be other calls I’d want to write for, Total E-Bound comes up with great ideas all the time.

Then the whirlwind called Jenna struck. She really seemed interested in writing for anthology. She had come up with a tentative plot but hadn’t worked the animal aspect in very well. As I’m a huge animal/outdoorsy type, I knew we could do this together. Voila, she talked me into it, or I did. I’m never quite sure when it comes to these things.

The actual writing was great fun. It always is with Jenna. She writes faster than I do, and at times I curse her for it, but don’t tell her. Once we got the beginning, the rest of the story went like wildfire. The characters, Gareth and Sienna, are people you’d like to have as neighbors: quiet, kept to themselves and never have loud parties. I’m sure you’ll all agree once you’ve read the book.

Here's a short blurb: Gareth and Sienna are a normal, crazy-in-love married couple, who just happen to become werewolves with the full moon. When a trio of poachers captures Sienna, Gareth does everything in his power to free her. But he knows rescuing her is not enough. If the poachers are not brought down, the very existence of the were species could be in jeopardy. He hatches a plan in which the hunters become the hunted. Will they take the bait? And who will be trapped?

Trapped by Jude Mason and Jenna Byrnes
coming to Total E-Bound November 16th

1 comment:

annalisa said...

Trapped sounds so intriguing! Love to find out more about how Gareth plans to make the hunters become the hunted and how he rescues Sienna. :)