Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Early Resolution

Well, I had my coffee, so I feel able to post something that should make sense. I just spent 2 hours on I20 driving to pick up my daughter from South Carolina, and I'm pleased to say the traffic wasn't too bad. The weather today is gloomy, just perfect to read a book, watch a movie or sleep under a mountain of covers.

I haven't been writing as much lately, due to the holiday, but Monday is just around the corner. Am I wrong in wanting to shout, "WOO HOO"? Hey, as I see it, it's a win-win. My lovely children go back to school, and I go back to writing at a decent hour.

I've also started running again, if you could call it that. Granted, it was more a walk/run this morning, but I actually exercised. I refuse to wait until the new year to "resolve" to get into better shape. Better to do it now and stick with it, I say.

And have I mentioned that my mother is coming to visit next week? I love my mom, but I cringe at hearing "you've put on some weight." It's hard to have a mother's who's a beanpole. The woman is like 115 soaking wet, and she complains she's gained weight. Whatever. My problem, I take after my dad when it comes to weight gain. What can I say? I've never met a donut I didn't like. And down here, there's "sweet" attached to everything--sweet tea, sweet potato pie, Crispy Cremes (well, that glaze is sweet.)

Oh crap. I just posted this on the wrong blog. Okay, now it's fixed. *sigh* I need another cup of java. Enough of my blather, now it's time to get back to work...

No comments: