Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chapter Five...Finished!!

I've been remiss in my blogging lately, but it's all been for a good cause. The story that's been dogging my heels for a freakin' year--Guardian's Redemption-- is D O N E!!!! Say it with me, DONE. Or I should say, almost done. The run-through and nitnoid 2nd, 3rd and 4th edits have yet to be attempted, but the actual story is finished.

I am so relieved, words just can't express how great I'm feeling. Though my celebratory hazelnut latte and pumpkin cheesecake should give you hint.) Don't get me wrong. I love what I've been writing. But I've felt a lot of pressure to make the story right not just for the characters, but for the readers and heck, myself as well. I've invested a lot in the storyline, my first "grand" scale series that arcs from the very beginning, when Tanselm is under attack by the evil 'Sin Garu and the Storm Lords are thrust from their homeworld, through each Storm Lord's quest to find his affai, his bride, and ending with Arim, the Guardian of Storm, and the fate of Light Bringers and Darklings alike.

The last story is a whopper, topping 80000 words, and there's more story to this one (obviously) as it ties up a lot of loose ends. But I was striving to make this also a stand-alone, so if you hadn't read the other Storm Lords books, you could still read this one and not only enjoy it, but understand it. :) Not sure if I've done that or not. We'll see...

Next on the agenda, finishing up my vampire romance for Amber Quill. And then a short break, because man, do I need one!

Chow!

Marie

No comments: