Friday, August 17, 2012

Fourteen Friday Vices

Before you think to complain, this man is decently covered, wearing more than most men do at the beach. It's actually very difficult to type this post while staring at this picture. And thus my segue into vice. I should just name this post: 

Things That Distract Me from Writing.

1. Half naked men. See left.
2. Luther, on BBC (Netflix has it. An amazing police procedural.)
3. Cool anime. I admit it. I am a woman with the soul of a 17 year old boy. Scary.
4. Facebook. Why, I don't know. But I lost an hour last night looking at cute kittens, bunnies, and stupid people.
5. Books in my TBR pile begging me to read them and put them out of their misery. Recently to this, I finished Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt and The Fallen: Demon by Kristina Douglas. (Both are being added to my keeper shelves.)
6. Cheese and crackers--the new black
7. Writing other stories, the ones not due or under a deadline. Why my brain wants to add more stress to my otherwise fully occupied days, I'll never know. I now have a YA story, a m/m, and one more project ongoing. &^%^&$#@!! muse.
8. Netflix
9. Google and Wikipedia. One thing catches my eye, then I'm googling, reading about it on Wikipedia, then clicking on any links listed until hours have passed.
10. Nazi Occult specials. Because an evil man followed by hundreds of thousands was so twisted and fanatical and into the occult. Bizarre on so many levels.
11. Specials about the universe, because black holes and  the theory of alternate universes are fascinating. 
12.  Law and Order Criminal Intent--for Goren and Eames, and to hear that BUM BUM.
13. The TV show Grimm. It's in Portland, it's about gruesome fairytales come to life, and it's just cool.
14. Keebler Fudge Sticks. Addiction in a bag. 

May you enjoy your own Friday without too many vices. Or at least, don't get caught.

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Interesting vices! I fell victim to facebook and my e-mail today and didn't get as much done as I should have.

Marie Harte said...

Yeah, Paty. Facebook is my kryptonite, sad to say.