Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm Feeling Squiddy

I'd like to be thankful it's Friday, but today feels just like yesterday to me, and just like tomorrow and Sunday will feel. My kids had off from school yesterday and today. I get a week next week to work, then they have off for spring break. sigh. I love my children. The little monsters light up my life, but they also require care and keeping, and that makes writing difficult. Especially because they can both read, and I really don't want them looking over my shoulder while I write romance for adults.

I often watch SpongeBob Squarepants with my kids, because it's one of the cartoons I genuinely laugh at. My favorite character is Squidward. He's so pissy about everything. How can I not love him?

Lately I've been feeling squiddy (see picture left), because I don't feel as if I'm writing as much as I should. Circumstances beyond my control have distracted me of late, and instead of buckling down and working harder when I do have the time, I'm screwing off watching TV and telling myself I need the break. I mean, I do need the break, but I need to be working more.

Problem is, when I get on a roll, I end up writing at night...and can't function in the morning. It's a trade-off, but hey, if I need to get things done, I guess that's what I need to do. So I should stop moaning about not working and just have the best day ever. And if you know Spongebob, you know that's a reference to a catchy little tune the sponge sings during an episode where he once again annoys my favorite guy. Time to get spongy, I guess.

2 comments:

Karen Duvall said...

Hahaha! Cute! Spongebob. I remember when my youngest daughter first told me about that guy. She wanted Spongebob Valentines for valentines day and I didn't know what the hell a Spongebob was.

If you ever wanna just scoot away from the computer and take a break, give me a call and we can meet for coffee! :)

Marie Harte said...

Thanks, Karen. Next time I'm feeling "squiddy" I'll call you. :)