Monday, March 30, 2009

An Explanation: Dead Ends

Salutations, fellow readers. Hope this Monday finds you in fine spirits. I'm settling back into the swing of things. Writing again, running errands, and lamenting the constant disorder of my household. Time to start blogging as well. And so I am. I thought I'd take today's post to explain a few changes on my website. In the books section, a few of my titles are listed as No Longer Available. People ask, What does this mean? It's an ebook. Why can't I still download it?

Answer: Because my contracts with NCP are ALL terminating, in order of when they were first signed. Blackthorne's Light and The Thief of Mardu were the first to go. (The Thief of Mardu will be reissued by Total E-Bound later this summer.) Lurin's Surrender and Winner Takes All are currently on the not available list. And soon, The Fire Within and Aftershocks, books 1 and 4 of the Storm Lords series, respectively, are coming down. This means no more availability at NCP or any of the other third party vendors selling them for NCP (like Fictionwise.) So if you wanted to read them sooner than later, buy them now. Otherwise, they'll be going into a short hiatus of limbo while another publisher decides if they want the rights to those books.

Every contracted work out there has a shelf life. We e-authors are more fortunate in that our books can last longer, because in digital format, they're always "on the shelf" unless a contract terminates. Many of my titles have contracts that have expired, but so long as I, the author, and they, the publishers, agree, the books remain. Needless to say, my association with New Concepts Publishing is coming to an end. So stay tuned, and if you have further questions about any of my work, don't hesitate to email me.

Marie
marie_harte@yahoo.com

No comments: