Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Talsons Will Live On

I had a great response to my series question posted a few days ago. And one question...will the Talson series I started last year continue? Yes! In fact, the fourth book, Talson's Match, was written months ago, but due to issues with my publisher at that time, I never submitted it.

Talson's Wait was intended as one book, a futuristic short story about a half-breed human/Otra who runs a shipping company and the indentured servant he can't help lusting after. In a future Earth, the Otra are an alien species who look human, but have enhanced psychic abilities. I'd originally written the first one with no intention of writing more. But at the end, it turned out the hero, Roarke, had brothers, three half-brothers of full Otra blood: Zaret, Valis and Romec.

So...I had three more books to write. And then other characters started popping up. I wrote and published Roarke's story, Talson's Wait, Zaret's story, Talson's Test, Val's story, Talson's Net, and added Romy's story, Talson's Match. I've since pulled my stories from that publisher, and am looking for a new home for all the Talsons. Problem is, I need to revise my earlier stories so they have more meat (the first was only 6K long). I have other works to finish before I return to the Talsons, but I definitely want them to be read again. I'd love for them to be in an anthology. But for the next month or so, they're on hold.

For an excerpt of Talson's Match, check out my website and the Coming Soon page.

Now I have to go. Supernatural is on. A guilty pleasure, I know. :)

Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear that you do have plans for the Talsons even if it means that we will have to wait a bit for them. Thanks for giving us a head's up!

Anonymous said...

So here I am visiting your blog and you havn't even updated yet. Holy crap get on it woman!!!
Teri FF ;-)