Monday, January 5, 2009

Ye Olde Grindstone

In case you were wondering, that image to the left is a grindstone--as in, back to the grindstone, vacation's over!

The other day I bought a 2009 Sierra Club wall calendar. To my dismay, they no longer sell The Far Side wall calendars. Horror! I also picked up a new At-A-Glance Desk calendar. I bought a leather cover for it last year, and what do you know, I couldn't find any 2009 refills. So I now have a useless leather cover and a brand new plastic covered calendar. (I have to have the desk calendar, because I keep track of my work in there. Deadlines, important events, etc.)

So far in 2009, I've completed In Plain Sight, its synopsis, and sent it off to my editor at Samhain. I also finished post-proof edits for Circe's Recruits: Zack & Ace. I'm preparing to sign a new contract for The Thief of Mardu, in a general shift to move my futuristics to Total E-Bound. And I'm hard at work on Circe's Recruits: Derrick.

I've taken advantage of my vacation, however. I've already read Murder Game, by Christine Feehan (A+), Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian (A), and Witch Heart by Anya Bast (A-). All really great books. I also purchased a bunch of books from Elloras Cave, since they're having a mondo close-out sale. I got a bunch of print titles for $3 and $4. What a deal! I also have two Shelly Laurenston books on order, a Christmas gift using my B&N giftcard.

Work to do, books to read, and the kids are finally back in school. Time for me to get my groove on. Cheers!

No comments: