Monday, January 28, 2013

A New Book

It's another Monday. Imagine that. 
Today I start a new book. It's always an exciting endeavor. The characters and ideas are fresh. And starting a new book at the beginning of a new work week fits. 

Over the weekend, a few new things came to me as well.
I started Marie's Minions, a Facebook group that functions as my street team--a team to spread the news of my books. If you'd like to join, let me know! (marie_harte@yahoo.com) It's fun, easy, and a great place to make new friends.

I also read a few interesting posts I thought I'd comment on.
  • Writing for money isn't the sole reason one should write, I don't think. Yet wanting to make a living at doing what you love is a worthwhile goal. So I won't apologize for needing a source of income to live or for combining my love for the written word with my desire to be self-employed.
  • Edits are so very, very necessary to good books. I have a habit of wanting to publish my work too soon. A keen reader pointed out errors in one of my stories which are embarrassing, to say the least. And this is a book which had been previously published by an epublisher years ago. Yikes!
  • I saw Hansel and Gretel this past weekend--Friday actually. I highly recommend seeing it on DVD. Sorry Jeremy Renner. Much as I like your film work, what were you thinking when you agreed to do this film? I somewhat enjoyed it, but wow, not a film I'd pay more than matinee fee to see.
  • I'm on the cusp of cementing the decision to attend the RT conference in Kansas City this year. I'm 99% there, I just need to finalize plans.  
And that's all I've got on this fine Monday morning. Now, time for coffee.

No comments: